Tuesday 5 February 2013

Dark Angels Green Wing - part one...


It's time to announce the beginning of PROJECT DARK ANGELS: GREEN WING... The plan is to build a Dark Angels army that draws on marines from the Fifth Company and which avoids (for now) using members of the Deathwing and the Ravenwing. Oh, and that image above is by Matt Bradbury.

My first list includes:

  • Company Commander
  • Librarian (x2)
  • Techmarine
  • Company Command Squad + Razorback
  • Dreadnought
  • 3 x Tactical Squad (Missile Launcher, plasma gun)
  • Assault Squad
  • Devastator Squad
  • Defence Line and Quad Gun
That's a total of 53 marines to paint and I think it comes in at about 1850 points.

At this point the building is just about done. Here's the army so far:


As most of them are from the Dark Vengeance boxset I decided to convert the unit sergeants a little (the one on the right still needs an icon for his backpack):


And the tactical squads are getting missile launchers I had a go at green-stuffing tactical icons on their shoulder pads:

I'm still waiting for the Veteran unit to come in the post from Triple Helix, when they're done the army will be ready to paint. To that end I picked up this little lot:


All-new paints for an all-new army, it's something of a luxury but I wanted to follow the tutorial over on the Tale of Painters blog. If my miniatures look anywhere near that good I'll be delighted but I will also be aiming for speed so perhaps that can be my excuse if they don't quite meet expectations...

Finally, a price tally. Using models from DV and a load of old models that a friend gave me I've kept this lot very cheap. To date the price is £36 (for DV, assuming the rulebook is worth £10), £16 (veteran squad), £20 (DA shoulder pads, a waste of money I think but more on that in another post), and £30 paint (does that need to be included?). So, the total has come to £102 but if you take the paints off that and the fact that I've still got some terminators and bikes left over from DV I reckon the army is coming in at about £60-£70. Not bad for a 40K army these days...

No comments:

Post a Comment